On the day of the treatment, the focus will be entirely on you and we will do everything we can to make the big day go as smoothly as possible.
As well as the treatment itself, we can also address any other concerns you may have. If you need to arrange transport or stay overnight, we can take care of that.
We are happy to go the extra mile to make sure the treatment day is as pleasant as possible for you. We at Regrow Clinic provide the best hair treatment and considered as the Best Hair Transplant Clinic in India.
1 . What Happens Immediately after Hair Transplant?
- On the evening after surgery: Have light food, your usual food, Rice, Dal, Chapatti, Rasam any non-spicy food. Don’t smoke and don’t drink alcohol.
- Take medicines as per the prescription: All capsules to be taken after food or with a glass of milk, but not on empty stomach. Remember that a pain medicine works for a few hours only- about 4-6 hours, so you may need one more capsule at night. Do not hesitate to take one if needed. But take it after milk/food.
- Be your usual self: bed rest is not needed; You may watch TV/Listen music/reading computer work is fine.
- Avoid exertion: Go to bed early.
- Avoid Jerky movements of the head: Avoid pressure on the head. Avoid handling the bandage- keep your hands away from the head.
- Use soft thin pillows: You may lay on the back of the head. You may turn sideways, but do not sleep with your hand under your head.
2. What Happens after surgery?
You need to come back for the removal of the bandage- you cannot remove this yourself. Time for this will be informed to you. Before coming, you can take bath for the body, but not for the head. You can have breakfast as usual.
Take capsules after breakfast. When you come to the clinic, our nurse will remove the bandage and show you how to clean, how to shampoo.
3. Always feel free to ask any doubts.
You may go to the office if you feel like it, but preferably wear a cap which is not tight. You can drive it. You need to massage the forehead (as explained in the clinic) 3 times a day, to prevent swelling of the forehead.
4. How do I take care of my grafts?
Note that moisture is very important for grafts; So, wet the hairs both in donor and recipient (grafts) area either by spray or by wet pad; don’t be hesitant to put water; water should be clean; use mineral water or boiled cooled water; you may add a small amount of Johnson baby shampoo to the water. Do wetting as often as you can (2-6 times) for the first 4 days.
- First week:
Don’t disturb the grafts by rubbing/combing. The rest of the scalp may be cleaned by baby shampoo if you wish; otherwise, water is enough.
- Second week:
Mild rubbing is allowed; you may apply oil if you want. Start using minoxidil lotion twice daily. Grafts fall off at this stage-don’t panic. They will come back in 3-4 months.
- Donor area:
Also needs cleaning, with spray just as grafts. After cleaning, put Tbact ointment twice daily. After one week, gently rub the stitch area, so that stitch loosens gradually. After two weeks, use hexilak cream.
Some patients are too anxious to clean grafts; so they may see grafts with greenish-brown material sticking to their skin; this only needs proper cleaning. Note that after 7 days, rubbing is allowed.