FUE vs. Dense Hair Implantation. Which hair transplant technique is best? Which one should I go for? These are the probable queries you’ve come across a lot during your Google research on hair transplantation.
And with such tremendous information out there, it’s obvious that things can become confusing. That’s why we’re here to explain the differences between Dense Hair Implantation and FUE hair transplantation.
At Regrow Hair Clinic, one of the Best Hair Transplant Clinic in Haridwar, India, we offer a wide range of advanced hair restoration treatments.
Dr. G. K. Sharma, the Co-Founder & Director of Regrow Hair Clinic, is among the best hair transplant doctor in India. Dr. Singhal is a Clinical Cosmetologist, Certified FUE expert, and Dense Hair Implantation specialist.
At Regrow Hair Clinic, our team has successfully transplanted more than 6 million hair grafts from scalp to scalp, beard to the scalp, beard to beard, and scalp to the beard.
Now, we’ll look at the difference between FUE and Dense Hair Implantation hair transplant procedures. We’ll also provide some tips on how you can decide which one is best for you. But first, let’s take a closer look at what FUE and Dense Hair Implantation are and how they function.
What Is FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE hair transplant surgery has gained popularity over the last decade. Unlike the conventional technique, FUT, a strip of skin is removed to harvest the hair grafts, FUE extracts the follicles directly from the scalp.
As a result, FUE does not leave visible scarring as in FUT and ensures natural-looking results.
How FUE Works?
- In FUE, the surgeon manually extracts a group of 1–4 follicles one at a time and places them in a nutrient solution. After the extraction, the surgeon will create slits on the scalp using a microblade.
- Slits are the holes into which the hair grafts are implanted. After the slit creation, the surgeon removes the grafts from the solution and transplants them into the recipient region.
- In FUE, people tend to see the results around two months after the transplant. More significant growth often becomes visible after six months. While complete results typically appear 12 to 18 months after the procedure.
- For some conditions, FUE is the most suitable technique.
- FUE does not leave deep incisions.
- It is a painless method.
- FUE results are better than FUT.
What Is Dense Hair Implantation Hair Transplant?
Dense Hair Implantation is comparatively a new procedure, and, similarly to FUE, it leaves no visible scarring and yields natural-looking results. While the hair graft removal process is like FUE, there are a few differences worth noting.
How Dense Hair Implantation Works?
- In the Dense Hair Implantation procedure, the surgeon extracts the hair follicles one by one using a special tool with a 1mm or less diameter. Further, the surgeon loads the hair follicles into an implanter tool, called a Choi Implanter Pen, and transplants them directly into the recipient area.
- During Dense Hair Implantation, the creation of the slits and the implantation happen simultaneously. The Choi Implanter Pen gives the surgeon more precision when implanting the hair follicles. It enables them to manage the angle, direction, and depth of the transplanted hair.
- The recovery time for Dense Hair Implantation is the same as the FUE. The results typically appear within a similar timeframe, too, with full results usually taking between 12 to 18 months to appear.
The Advantages Of The Dense Hair Implantation Technique
- Results are 100% natural.
- Healing time is shorter after the surgery.
- No visible scarring.
- Painless procedure.
- More survival rate of hair follicles.
What Is the Difference Between the FUE and Dense Hair Implantation?
- The main difference in FUE vs. Dense Hair Implantation is the way grafts are implanted into the recipient area. During an FUE hair transplant, the slits need to be opened before implantation, allowing the surgeon to place the extracted grafts manually.
- On the other hand, Dense Hair Implantation uses a special tool known as a Choi Implanter Pen. It will enable the implantation stage to happen right after extraction without first creating the slits for the grafts.
Cost Comparison of FUE and Dense Hair Implantation Hair Transplant in India
- The cost of the FUE technique ranges from Rs. 21,500 to Rs. 75,000, whereas Dense Hair Implantation cost starts from Rs. 28,000 to 1,00,000. These costs may vary from clinic to clinic and the number of grafts needed.
- Compared to FUE, the cost of Dense Hair Implantation is more. But, recently, it has become convenient and affordable with the availability of easy payment options.
At Regrow hair Clinic, we provide affordable hair transplant cost in India.
Which One Is Right for Me, FUE or Dense Hair Implantation?
So, now that you have a basic knowledge of what these two procedures are, your next question might be, “Which one is right for me?” To help us answer this, we asked our hair transplant experts to give us a few pointers on this topic.
They explained that “Dense Hair Implantation is usually suggested for patients who are younger than 35. As in these cases, hair loss is not very advanced, and success rates are higher.” They also noted that “Dense Hair Implantation is a good choice for those who want to lower their hairlines and fill up their temples.
We also asked about the success rates of FUE vs. Dense Hair Implantation. Practically, there is no more difference between the two, as both FUE and Dense Hair Implantation’s success rate is up to 95%.
Start Your Hair Transplant Journey With Regrow Hair Clinic
Are you interested in undergoing an FUE or Dense Hair Implantation procedure? Make an appointment with our hair transplant experts, and we will be in touch to get started with some initial consultations. So, you can avail the most suitable hair transplant method.