Following post-operative instructions is essential for the success of hair transplant treatment!
For a tree to grow well, just sowing a seed is not sufficient. It is essential to water the plants daily and nurture them. It is essential to expose them to sunlight for their proper growth.
In hair transplant also, just a hair transplantation treatment is not sufficient. After the hair transplantation treatment, proper care and precautions should be taken for the healthy growth of hair. Post-operative instructions need to be properly followed to get the desired results from the treatment.
This article discusses the post-operative instructions that need to be followed after a hair transplant treatment from the best hair transplant clinic in Haridwar, India for getting the best hair transplant results.
What are the post-operative instructions that need to be followed after a hair transplantation treatment in Haridwar?
The post-operative instructions vary depending on the number of days after hair transplantation treatment.
The following are the post-operative instructions that need to be followed for the first 3 days after a hair transplant treatment-
- On the first day of the hair transplantation procedure, avoid removing the bandage for some hours after the surgery to avoid swelling. Avoid bending for at least 2 days after the hair transplantation surgery to prevent bleeding.
- The first 5-6 days after a hair transplantation treatment, you should sleep with your head on 2-3 medical pillows to avoid swelling.
- Avoid applying shampoo to your hair for 3 days after the hair transplant surgery.
- When you visit your hair transplant doctor in India on the day after the surgery, one of his medical staff will wash your scalp. For the next 10 days, you need to wash your scalp using the washing method suggested by your doctor in India.
- Avoid smoking or doing any form of exercise to avoid bleeding.
- You may experience pain a few days after the surgery. So, it is advisable to take medications prescribed by your hair transplant doctor in India to manage your pain.
Now, let’s discuss the post-operative instructions that need to be followed after the 3rd day of hair transplantation surgery.
The following post-operative instructions need to be followed after the 3rd day of surgery to get the desired outcomes from a hair transplantation surgery.
- Wear and remove your clothes carefully without touching the new hair follicles.
- Take the medications prescribed by your hair transplant doctor in Haridwar, India. Also, your hair transplant doctor will prescribe some vitamins that will help in the proper growth of hair.
- Avoid consuming green tea and alcohol for at least 10 days after the hair transplantation surgery. Green tea and alcohol can cause bleeding and hamper the growth of new hair. So, they should be avoided.
- After 3 days of hair transplantation, scabies is formed around the transplanted graft. Avoid scratching or touching them. They will automatically fall off within some days.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Exposure to sunlight and UV rays is damaging for your hair.
- You may experience itching during this period. You may feel the urge to rub and scratch your scalp. But it is advisable to control this urge of rubbing and scratching your scalp as this can be harmful to your hair.
- From the 10th-day post-surgery, it is advisable to wash your scalp twice a week with a shampoo prescribed by your cosmetic doctor in Haridwar. Wash your hair with warm water and keep it as clean as possible.
- Avoid swimming for at least some months after the hair transplantation surgery. As the water in swimming pools contains chlorine which can be harmful to your hair.
- It is advisable to use shampoos and creams that are prescribed by your doctor in India.
The success of a hair transplantation treatment highly depends on post-operative instructions. The post-operative instructions of a hair transplant treatment should be properly followed to see the desired results.
Do you wish to treat your baldness? Do you wish to get your hair back? Do you wish to get your lost confidence and pride back?
Then hair transplantation treatment from the best hair transplant clinic in Haridwar, India is not sufficient!
The post-operative instructions also need to be followed to make the hair transplantation treatment successful. And to regain your hair and confidence!