Hair loss isn’t related with a fundamental or inner infection, nor is less than stellar eating routine a regular factor. Hair may essentially thin because of foreordained hereditary variables and the general maturing measure. Numerous people may see gentle physiologic diminishing of hair beginning in their 30s and 40s.
Many women report hair loss at different ages. It is more common than people might believe. The cause of hair loss in women can be genetics, nutritional and dietary deficiency, hormonal disturbances, hair hygiene, age, etc.
Hair and scalp expert can help you if you are suffering from female pattern baldness with the help of the latest technology.
Around the globe, over 30% of women suffer from hair loss under the age of 50. The most common form of hair loss in women is female pattern hair loss, primarily caused by genetics. In women, hair loss occurs more on top of the scalp.
Specifically, they lose hair from the centre. The hairline is usually preserved. In this article, we will specify the causes of hair loss in women and how we can treat it.
Causes of hair loss in women:
To treat hair loss for women or men efficiently, we need to diagnose the exact problem and cause of hair loss. Like we said above, the three crucial reasons are nutritional, hormonal and genetic. Sometimes even stress, dietary deficiency and various types of scalp infections can lead to hair loss in females.
Finding the exact cause of hair loss, we can fix the root of the problem and lead to overall healthy hair.
1. Hormonal problems: The medical community has the opinion that inflammation in the scalp and hormonal factors which lead to hair thinning in a typically diffuse pattern.
If you have any hormonal problems, especially any thyroid hypothyroid, or thyroid deficiency, or thyroid diseases then treating them can also help.
2. PCOD or PCOS: Second important thing cause is PCOD or PCOS. It is a polycystic ovarian syndrome in which menstrual irregularities leads to hormonal imbalance. This imbalance causes acne, hair loss on the scalp and sometimes unwanted facial hair.
In such syndromic patients, we first have to treat PCOD, and then we have to treat the hair loss and prevent further loss. We will strive to bring back hair growth lost due to thinning of hair.
3. Nutrient deficiency: You may suffer from nutrient deficiency after treatment of any significant illness, major operation or primary dietary deficiency.
We have to correct it with the help of various types of nutritional supplements. We have to supply iron, minerals, essential amino acids, calcium, vitamin d3, vitamin b12, etc. in your diet. After the intake of some nutrients, application of hair loss treatment will help to get around the hair growth.
Hair Loss Treatments:
Diagnosis is an essential part of the treatment as it will help us tackle the root of the problem. After a thorough physical examination of the female patient and diagnosis for the cause of hair loss, a hair transplant expert will create a treatment plan.
Here are some of the most common FDA approved hair loss treatments which you might be recommended and sometimes used in a combination:
1. Minoxidil: Minoxidil drug is a vasodilator. It acts by dilating scalp vasculature and prevents further hair loss. It is one of the best hair loss treatments with the highest success rate.
2. Low-Level Laser light (LLT): LLT is a hair loss treatment where hair stimulating laser is applied to increase the length of hair, the thickness and prevents premature hair loss. It is especially useful when applied along with other hair loss treatment such as Minoxidil, PRP, etc.
3. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): Here, the patient’s blood is collected, and platelets are separated and injected into the scalp or the area of hair loss. PRP treatment is performed over multiple sessions before you can see any results.
These platelets are activated, and they contain various growth factors that stimulate the dormant hair follicles. PRP also creates hair follicles and prevent further hair loss.
4. Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a hair loss treatment where the formula of medicines, hormones, herbal extracts, etc. is injected into thinning areas of the scalp. It takes several sessions before you can see results.
There are mostly reports of success in hair loss treatment by both men and women, and also great satisfaction and steady hair growth.
5. Hair transplant: Female hair transplant is a more permanent solution when other hair loss treatments are not effective.
Hair transplant clinics can provide the latest and highly successful techniques such as FUE. The hair transplant surgeon will examine you for eligibility for a hair transplant; then the procedure is performed by the team of surgeon and technicians.
With tiny incisions, potent hair follicles are taken from a donor area and transplanted into bald areas. After this, the hair growth is permanent and lasts a lifetime.
We hope this article has helped you to understand how to treat female hair loss.